SHIPPING / TRANSIT / CUSTOMS
All purchases over $200 ship free!
-Domestic shipping times are between 1-3 business days. US shipping is 1-5 business days. And all other countries are 3-21 business days depending on shipping rates you select.
-Ready to ship items will be shipped within 2 business days. (Will be noted in item description if it is ready to ship).
-Made to order items will be shipped once the item is finished. This timeline averaged between 2-4 weeks. But can take up to 8 weeks if your item is backordered, if you would like to know the turnaround time of your item before you order please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-For Custom orders, please discuss timeline estimates with GWFJ as each order can require different lengths of time. We aim to keep custom order turnaround between 2-4 months. But recommend a minimum of 6 months due to current order volume.
- All orders over $200USD include free insured and tracked shipping at standard transit times. If you would like upgraded shipping please make sure you select it during checkout. Purchases over $1000USD will be shipped free using FedEX for security.
- Once your order has left my possession and is on route to you, GWFJ is not responsible for any delays, loss, theft or damage during transit. Your items will be insured from the carrier you choose. GWFJ does not recommend or insure parcels shipped to PO boxes. GWFJ WILL NOT INSURE PARCELS SENT TO PO BOXES.
-Orders shipped within Canada will have no additional duties. Order shipped to the US or any other international countries may be subject to import duties, taxes and fees from the carrier upon delivery. The customer is responsible for these duties.
GWFJ strongly recommends proper insurance coverage of your fine jewelry pieces, most home/renters insurance plans will not cover the full value of a piece. GWFJ uses and recommends Jewellers Mutual for third party jewelry insurance coverage. If you would like to arrange to have your jewelry covered under your insurance plan before it leaves my Atelier, please email email@example.com
GWFJ recommends to have an Appraisal Certificate for Custom made or Made to Order pieces over $1000USD. I can happily facilitate an Appraisal Certificate for your GWFJ pieces before they are shipped to you for an additional $100CAD. Appraisal Certificates are completed by an accredited 3rd party Appraiser and should be accepted by all major Insurance Companies.
GWFJ ensures all items will be free from manufacturers defects during its first year (1 calendar year from purchase). *** with exceptions
GWFJ does not warranty loose gemstones that are NOT set by GWFJ. If you purchase loose gemstones/diamonds, and choose to have your own jeweller (not GWFJ) set them. GWFJ cannot and will not be held liable for any accidental damage, chips, scratches, burns or breakage that may occur once it has left our care, as it is out of our control.
GWFJ will either repair or replace all manufacturer defects, free of charge. Manufacturer defects do not include normal wear and tear, or accidental damage. GWFJ reserves the right to inspect all jewelry before determining the cause of damage. Wear and tear is expected with fine jewelry. Regular maintenance is required to maintain your jewelry’s integrity.
Customer is responsible for shipping costs with warranty claims.
Additional services, outside of our limited warranty, include (but aren’t limited to): complimentary mail-in prong tightening, re-polishing, rhodium plating and cleaning services.
If you are ever in Vancouver please say hello! We’ll happily inspect all of your jewelry and offer a complimentary cleaning with a scheduled meeting! In the event that there is ever a problem with your jewelry, or you are in need of other services that are not covered under our warranty, your jewelry can be mailed back to our office for inspection. Please reach out for a complimentary shipping label within the first year of purchase. Once inspected, you will be notified prior to any work being done on your jewelry, should charges apply.
Please contact us, If you have any questions or request additional repair work needed to service your Gemma Watts Fine Jewelry pieces.
GWFJ accepts client pieces for heirloom redesign. GWFJ does not accept responsibility for damages/loss that may occur. Sending your personal pieces away comes at risk to you. GWFJ is not responsible for determining the quality, value, make or species of your jewelry pieces. We recommend having an appraisal certificate done yourself before shipping to GWFJ to confirm specs of your piece.
GWFJ does offer layaways for most orders. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to placing an order to arrange layaways.
Layaways are 50% down, and final balance due before your items are shipped, or within 3 months (90days) whichever comes first. Your item(s) will not be delivered till paid in full.
GWFJ has a strong Social Media presence we use to connect with clients, current and new. Your orders (including custom) may be anonymously featured on our social media (website, instagram, facebook and tiktok). Engagement rings are not shared on social media until after the proposal to maintain the element of surprise.
If you would like your pieces NOT to be posted online please be sure to mention this to my team before delivery.
If you are happy to have your pieces shared online with you tagged, please feel free to mention!
Please feel free to tag @gemmawattsfinejewelry in all posts, I love seeing my clients wearing the pieces we create together. Tagged posts may be reposted to GWFJ Social Media.
GWFJ reserves the right to refuse a return upon inspection.
For online purchases (ready to ship items only), GWFJ will accept returned merchandise in its original condition when accompanied by all the original packaging and printed invoice. Shipping costs for returns are the responsibility of the client. We can either refund you using you original method of payment, minus a 20% restocking fee, or you can save/use the whole balance of returned item(s) as store credit!
Return requests must be emailed to email@example.com within 14 calendar days of receiving your order. Return requests outside of the 14 days, may be accepted for store credit at GWFJ's discretion.
Your return will be inspected by GWFJ before a return is accepted. GWFJ reserves the right to reject a return if the item(s) is not in its original condition. The item cannot show signs of damage, alteration, or wear in any way. We cannot accept jewelry that has been worn, used, altered or damaged.
Made-to-order, and custom made pieces (includes engraved items) are not eligible for returns/refunds due to the nature of the order. If you are not happy with your made-to-order or custom item, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can work together to ensure your satisfaction!
- Please try to be as sure as possible when ordering sizes, as resizing or exchanging may not be possible. If you are not located within the province of British Columbia I recommend taking your jewelry to your local goldsmith for resizing's. It's recommended to reach out to your goldsmith beforehand and inquire if they will resize another jewellers ring.
Last updated: November 07, 2022
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either "the Company", "We", "Us" or "Our" in this Agreement) refers to Gemma Watts Fine Jewelry Inc., 211-2520-Manitoba Street.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: British Columbia, Canada
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to Gemma Watts Fine Jewelry , accessible from https://www.gemmawattsfinejewelry.com/
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be "Persistent" or "Session" Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. You can learn more about cookies on TermsFeed website article.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
Type: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Type: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To process transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you: with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To administer: a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature to send periodic emails. The email you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order.
- To update you: If you decide to join the mailing list, you will receive emails that may include general news, updates, related product and or service information etc. Note, If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Delete Your Personal Data
You have the right to delete or request that We assist in deleting the Personal Data that We have collected about You.
Our Service may give You the ability to delete certain information about You from within the Service.
You may update, amend, or delete Your information at any time by signing in to Your Account, if you have one, and visiting the account settings section that allows you to manage Your personal information. You may also contact Us to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that You have provided to Us.
Please note, however, that We may need to retain certain information when we have a legal obligation or lawful basis to do so.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent's consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Third party links
Sometimes, at our discretion, we may choose or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the all precautions to be in accordance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
- By visiting this page on our website: www.gemmawattsfinejewelry.com/